We've been releasing minor updated to the Nimbits Server 3.0 that includes improvements in the user interface and back end performance. This summarizes what's new in version 3.0.5 - 3.0.9rc. 3.0.9rc is currently running on the public server, with 3.0.8 available for download.
- More Mem Cache - commonly accessed data is held more often in memory rather than hitting the data store. This includes the most recent value for every data point, which gives us significant performance improvements.
- Point Property Panel - A redesigned point property panel makes it easier to manage how a point behaves when it is written to.
- Installation in the Chrome App Store - we enhanced Nimbits to run in the Chrome Web Store.
- Trending Enhancements - we were hearing of some limitations users were experiencing when trying to chart large amounts of data. We addressed this by splitting data download requests into smaller chunks - which means you should be able to trend any amount of data that your computer can handle.
- Added Motion Chart - watch a video of your data with bubbles changing over time with zoom, line and bar charts as well.
- New Google Chart Api Options - Nimbits can generate any type of chart imaginable using your data with the Google Chart API. You have more options to request a date range and use the current time to get your chart data. A URL formated like this: http://app.nimbits.com/service/chartapi?point=TempCemail@example.com&cht=lc&chs=200x200&chxt=x,y&st=-1h&et=now which will show you a chart of my aquarium's current temperature in Celsius like this:
- Improved calculation engine. Performance improvements to the calc engine allows you to create a data point that will trigger a formula to be calculated each time the point is written to with a new value. The result of the calculation can then be stored in another point, further triggering alarms, other calculations etc. Supported symbols include *, +, -, *, /, ^, %, cos, sin, tan, acos, asin, atan, sqrt, sqr, log, min, max, ceil, floor, abs, neg, rndr.
Nimbits 3.1 is getting ready for a March release which will include:
- A new Multi-tenant architecture that isolates point data into seperate slices on the cloud, which will give us a huge performance boost
- A new feature where a point will go into alarm when it doesn't receive a new value in a set amount of time
- Enhancements to the IM Chat feature. You can already interact with Nimbits using an IM Client. We're adding a bunch of new commands for getting your point data.